At Molding Products sustainability is at the core of our process. We are committed to delivering products that benefit our planet, customers, communities, employees and owners.
Chemistries utilizing renewable or recycled content give our customers sustainable choices. Renewable materials are transparently interchangeable with their fossil fuel counterparts. Products with recycled content improve our carbon footprint and in some cases, deliver unique properties.
We are careful stewards of the earth’s resources whether in the form of materials, energy or the environment. Waste management initiatives are established to push continuous improvement in our operations:
- Advanced automation controls and monitors our manufacturing process to minimize environmental impact. Our engineers constantly seek to determine the most effective manufacturing methods to minimize energy consumption while at the same time maximize yield. This reduces by products and waste.
- Thermal oxidizers and other environmental controls operate at a destruction efficiency of 99.99 percent to protect the atmosphere and the communities in which we operate.
- Process improvement methods such as Lean Manufacturing and statistical process control allow us to further trim wasteful effort and scrap.
- We also seek to use recycled or reclaimed containers for packaging. Whenever possible, we convert materials to bulk storage methods and eliminate consumable packaging altogether.
All of our facilities are ISO 14001 certified for environmental management. Independent auditors inspect our sites for conformance to sound environmental management methods and the positive results of using such a system.
Molding Products LLC manufactures products that fulfill the requirements of our customers, taking in consideration the following environmental policies in the Environmental Management System:
- Prevention of pollution and reduce consumption of resources through policies and programs.
- Meet compliance obligations of relevant interested parties.
- Minimize adverse environmental impact from the materials used and activities to manufacture and deliver products.
- Reduce waste with reuse, recovery and recycling.
- Establish objectives for continual improvement of environmental performance and the Environmental Management System.
Molding Products LLC manufacturing is ISO 14001:2015 registered.
ISO 14001 is a global standard for environmental management systems. It requires the establishment of a system to help organizations take a more pro-active approach to managing environmental issues. The standard requires companies to monitor actions that impact the environment and document programs that include the training of employees on regulations and work practices to minimize the potential for an environmental incident. As with ISO 9001, companies certified under ISO 14001 are subject to an outside audit on a regular frequency to ensure the continuing conformance with the requirements of the standard.
The scope of the environmental management system at each Interplastic Corporation manufacturing facility was determined considering the company’s ability to control or influence internal and external issues, compliance obligations, physical boundaries, activities, products, and services. The scope will be made available to interested parties upon request by each facility.
In addition to our ISO 14001 registration, we self-inspect and audit every site annually to ensure all processes are meeting or exceeding our regulatory commitments. We enjoy healthy and cooperative relationships with state and federal entities.
In short, sustainability at Molding Products just makes good business sense